Hello and welcome to the Iron Creek Shops website!
The Iron Creek Shops came to be as a direct result of creating the new F-scale for Garden Railroad modeling. This scale was brought about to develop and encourage manufacturing and modeling in fine-scale for the large-scale community both in Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge to represent both gauges in large scale like all of the other smaller scales have done for years. (SEE F-SCALE)
This venture by a growing number of modelers and manufacturers has become a steady, major movement to build quality models showing accurate attention to details considering both scale and gauge differences for good, accurate models in the Large Scale Model Train market.
About Don Niday
- Don Niday: Owner, Operator of Iron Creek Shops
- Model Railroader since 1958. Modeled in the following scales > HO, HOn3, O, On3 and now F and Fn3-1.20.32
- Multiple award-winning Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge modeler
- Helped develop and start-up F-scale for fine-scale modeling in the large scale model trains market
- 18 years in the Trade Show and Special Events Market
- 30 years in the Residential and Commercial Construction Industry
- Supplier of Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge products in F-scale(1.20.32)
- Custom Services, specializing in Brass repair work, modifications and touch-up
- Weathering, Etching, Custom Painting and Airbrush work
- Complete Wood Shop specializing in manufacturing special sizes, shapes and quantities of wood parts
- Casting services in resin and white metal for various manufacturers and now the general public.